Monday, April 6, 2009

Seaside Sketches Girls



Hi Readers, I think I'm longing for summer, and to help speed it up a bit, thought I'd do some seaside watercoloring. hehe I'm sorry that the picture didn't come out on the computer as it really is. It appears a little blurry, but when I get it to focus, the colors get so washed out. As it is now, the colors are deeper for the sand & the sky and the flesh...but you can get the general idea, I hope! I've used all Stampin Up products to make this A2 size card. I used Whisper White Card Stock for the Card base, with my next layer being Kraft C/S. I set that aside and stamped my image on watercolor paper with Black Stazon Ink. I painted with the WaterColor Crayons with an Aqua Painter Brush. I just love my W/C crayons to pieces!! So much fun. Ya know, it's kind of funny. I remember back to the days when I was a child with color books and crayons. I really did not have a fond love of it. I could take it or leave it, and from what I remember, I would just as soon leave it. hehe But, I do remember very clearly that my Mom would sit with me and color and she just loved it! She just loved to color. And now, I'm an adult and I love to color and watercolor...guess I'm normal?? hehe After coloring my image, I added an antique brass colored brad. I layered this onto Old Olive C/S added the 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon. I added this to my card base and waaalaaaaaaaaaa, it's done!

I want to thank you for stopping by today, I hope I was able to inspire you to try a little water coloring today! Have fun!!

Take care & happy stamping,

4 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Nice card, Ret... and I should do more watercoloring too! Summer sounds great.. we're going to have 30's in FLORIDA tonight.. just not fair!

Connie Fossenier said...

I love this stamp and it denotes the feeling of spring..I adore the watercoloring..
Me..we still have snow up to our knees..maybe the tulips will push through soon.
connie paxman

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Ret!! I love your pretty colors and the image is so serene and inviting!! :) TFS!

Teresa said...

This is my favorite stamp set for watercoloring. Your card looks lovely!