Monday, April 13, 2009

Best Blossoms, best blossoms!



Hi All, I love this set! I got a bundle of stamps a few years ago from a cyber friend in California! I was so grateful, but none of them have their label on. I had no idea what this retired set was!! Nancy Riley from "I Stamp" blog recognized it!!! It's "Best Blossoms" I was so thankful for Nancy's "eagle eye"!!! (Thanks again, Nancy!)

Several people have asked mee if I had ued a crimper on my base car. no I didh't!
I actually made the lines with a roller. It's not by Stampin Up. It was just a real cheapy roller. It gave the "crimped" look.

My base card is made with Old Olive cardstock. I stamped the leaves on the base with White Craft Ink. I stamped off twice before stamping on the card. I also rolled the horizontal lines were made by stamping off with a line roller. I applied the line around the edges with the roller as well. I then cut a Rose Red layer and
a Very Vanilla layer. I stamped my flowers in Rose Red and my leaves. I wanted a soft look, so again, I stamped off about 3 times. I made a punch with the word window out of Old Olive and added a yellow mini-brad. Verse is from the Sincere Salutations. I hope you've enjoyed this. I like how it turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by. It was really fun to make.

Take care and happy stamping!!!

Stampin hugs,

4 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

It's called Best Blossoms. I believe it was a SAB set from 2006?

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved this set!! Your card is so very pretty with it Ret!! ;) Hope you had a lovely Easter!

Handcrafted By Dawn said...

Very pretty card! Is that crimping in the middle? If so, please share how you managed to crimp just in that one spot.

Dawn

Pam said...

Lovely! Nice colors and very pretty!