Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm back, thank you & Under the Stars


Hi Everyone,
First of all, I want to thank all of you who posted on the post about Emmy, and to all of you who sent heartfelt emails to me. I appreciate it so very much, and each one of you have touched my heart & given help to me in your own special way. Hugs to all of you!

Well, here it is October already! September was a hard month for a bit, then my Mom came from the States and stayed for 3 weeks with us. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling very well for the first week and she caught a really bad cold the second week, but we did a few things out and about, and lots of time to visit and relax. It was so wonderful to see her and have her here with us!! She left to go home on Oct 1st, and that was hard, but I'm trying to keep myself busy. Scotty & I have been seriously thinking about getting another lil rescue dog. We know it will never replace Emmy, but we do have room in our hearts to help another. Time will tell I guess!!

I want to share a card I made with you. It's one of my most favorite sets! It's so fun! It's Under the Stars by Stampin Up!! Love it, Love it!! I hope you enjoy it!

All products used on this card are from Stampin Up! Here's the details:

Stamp Set: Under the Stars by Stampin Up
Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, More Mustard, Kiwi Kiss,
Creamy Caramel, Baja Breeze
Paper: Tangerine Tango DSP
Crystal Effects: I used Crystal Effects on the Can label, on the bears nose
and on the face of the clock
Black SU Marker for faux stitching
Natural Hemp Twine
Stampin Dimensionals

Hope this helps you and if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or email me.
Have a great week and thanks for looking,

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Precious and cute too!

Shirley said...

I am posting when I am half asleep. Ha! I want to say what a cute bear and how funny with the broken compass. He looks like he is having a good time anyway. So where's a bear in the woods supposed to go! It's pretty too!

Barb Hardeman said...

It's just adorable Ret. What a good job you did on your coloring.

I encourage you to get another little dog who is desperate need of your love and care. We have had a rescue dog for the past 10 years and he's just the sweetest boy. Can't imagine life without him. But you already know this.

Leslie G. said...

What a lovely card. I remember camping- back in the day and this card made me smile. that was good becuase your tribute to Emmey brought tears to my eyes.
Hugs to you
Leslie - a TJ member

Anonymous said...

What a darling card Ret!! :) I love this little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Such a great set!!!! Love it..you create fabulous work..TFS

fishlips said...

Wow what a neat set and a wonderful card... May I add you to my blog list plz...I love your blog page...

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness, doesn't he just look so imposing? Too cute! I might just have to get this bear after seeing this.
Thanks Ret for sharing your work!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

You are so talented with those line art images - my coloring never looks that good! I just love this menacing bear from this stamp set.