Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm back and Peace Within



Hi Cardmakers and friends! It's no secret that I've been struggling the the past 8 months with my health, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I totally refuse to let it keep me down though, so here I am. My dear Hubby my Mom and my friends have stood beside me thru all of this and have kept me going, so thank you all for your support.
I have picked up my inks and stamps and managed to stamp between naps, LOL!!! I am praying and so hoping the tiredness will go away so I won't have to take all those naps, that I'll be able to stamp to my hearts content!!!

Today, I wanted to share with you a card I made with Stampin Up's "Peace Within" stamp set. When I was working on the card and now after it's done, it really does
make me feel "peace within"!! LOL So it's living up to it's title! I stamped and then colored it in with colored pencils, using the colored pencils and gamsol technique. I was happy with the soft look it gave me. I decided to do a sympathy card with it and used the "faux bow" technique, which I learned about on You Tube by DO Stamping With Dawn!! Give it a try, I know you'll love it!! I won't use it every time, but once in a while, it's just plain fun!! Please excuse pic of my card, the margin on the left hand side makes the card look lopsided, and then white appears on the right hand side and I don't know where that came from!!!! It happened in the resizing...sorry about that, but I don't know how to fix it!

I hope you've enjoyed this post and my card. Thanks so much for stopping by! Take care andddddddddd....

happy stampin,

No comments: