Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pocket Slide Card



Firstly, I'd like to apologize for not posting in a week. That's bad, and I know it.
I hate to repeat myself, but I am soooo tired all the time, it's hard to get motivated to do anything. Isn't that awful? I try to push myself, but sometimes...I just tell myself to be quiet and stop pushing. LOL I've been so concerned that my FM was keeping me from getting good sleep. So I told the Dr. again that I couldn't go on like this much longer. To my surprise, she finally agreed with me and is setting me up with a CPAP machine, so I can get some decent sleep. She said it should make such a difference in the way I feel. I sure hope she's right...I can't stand to get much more fatigued than this. I'm looking forward to getting the machine, I think I have forgotten what "normal" feels like. I sure would love to feel normal again, and be able to stamp whenever I feel like it! Anyhooooo, I wandered...back to the card, Ret...

This is a card I made for a friend. I felt like doing something different, so I made a pocket slide card. The burgandy is the pocket and the card just slides into it. I made an A-2 card out of Mellow moss & cut it in half. I made a wrap for the card out of the burgandy. (I told you it was different!! Maybe you can help me...for the life of me, I can not remember the name of the Stampin Up set I used. LOL and I've been way too lazy to dig thru my stamps again to get the title. See all the faith I have in you?!! I know you'll help me!! hehe

When she gets this card, she'll probably think I've flipped, the green just slides right out of the burgandy & I wrote my sentiment & note right on there. Tricky, huh?
LOL

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by. I hope I inspired you to try something different today when making a card. You never know where our imagination will take us!!! Have fun!!

Happy Stampin,

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very nice card Ret! I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Oh Ret... hope the CPAP helps!! I had a problem with BP meds being too strong which made me tired all the time, I know that is really draining! Hope you get some good quality rest soon and pop back to your old self!

Debby said...

Your card is lovely. I know your friend will love it. Happy Belated Birthday and here's hoping for a good nights sleep i the near future.

Barb Hardeman said...

This is delightful and very creative. Hope you'll be feeling like normal again soon. (whatever normal is - I have to keep asking myself that).

Anonymous said...

Ret, what a beautiful card!! I love your pretty colors and I hope you're doing better! :)