Sunday, March 29, 2009

Butterflies of Happiness Birthday Card



Hiiii! Thanks so much for stopping in. This is a card I made for a very, very special friend, whose birthday was the day after mine. I didn't want to post this until I was sure she had recieved it by mail. She just loves butterflies and I hope this card made her day a little bit more special.

I decided to use a retired stamp set from Stampin Up's 2006 Winter Mini Catalog. It's called Butterflies of Happiness. I used one of the older techniques, "Sectioned Retiform" from the Technique Junkies Newsletter, the August/September 2004 issue. I hadn't done this technique in a long time, so it was fun,(and trying) to do it again! LOL It took me some time, but I really loved the results and I know She'll be thrilled with it! For the middle butterfly, I stamped it in Elegant Eggplant, Not Quite Navy, and Sage Shadow ink on vellum. I used a reserved amount of Dazzling Diamonds on the butterfly because I wanted the butterfly to be more noticeable than the glitter, if you know what I mean. I pop-dotted it, so it would be dimensional on the front of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please leave me a comment and let me know you were here. It always, always makes my day, to hear from my readers. You are why I do this! And I do love sharing with you. Stop by again, soon. I hope you get a chance to stamp today!

Stamping Hugs,

7 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just gorgeous, Ret! What a special friend you are to send off such a great card. I'm sure your friend loved it. I love that TJ technique - you really did it justice and the touch of glitter is wonderful...

Anonymous said...

What a beauty Ret!! Love your colors and images!! :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Ret!

fishlips said...

Wow does your butterfly ever sparkle, Your Friend had to be Amazed when this Birthday card arrived...Pretty Pretty!!!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Ret!

Darlene said...

What a pretty, pretty card!

Darlene said...

What a pretty, pretty card! I bet she just loved it!