Monday, December 22, 2008

Season of Joy Quick Card, Winter Post, Lovely as a Tree



Hiya's! Here's a quick card I made using Stampin Up's Season of Joy stamp set. I just added a little DS Paper (retired from last year) and a little ribbon & taaaa daaaaaa!!! DONE! Sure hope you like it!


Rather than start another post I'll just add to this one...



Here's another one of the cards I did Friday. I'm not that crazy about it...I think I'll attempt it again later & I'll probably make a shaker card with the skating rink next time. We shall see!! I made this circle & used a piece of acetate so I could use it as a frame. (Next time, I'll be smarter & us an already made CD envelope! lol) I used 2 stamp sets on this card: Winter Post, and Lovely as a Tree. I love the scene I created, but after I did it, I wish I had defined the ice rink more than I did. Oh well, next time I'll try that! And I also think I'll make a shaker out of it with some crystal & silver micro-beads. A good job to try for January after every thing calms down!! lol Oh, I wanted to apologize for the lousy pic I took of this, but I couldn't get the glare off the acetate, no matter what I did. A Professional Photographer, I am NOT!!! hehe

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy and hectic schedules to come here and read my blog. I know it's the hustle and bustle season and I do appreciate your interest. Have a wonderful rest of the nite! Take Care & Happy Stampin!
hugs,

5 comments:

Beth said...

Both are beautiful cards Ret and the one you are not to happy with is my favorite love love love it.
Merry Christmas dear friend
Hugs

fishlips said...

Ret these cards are so so stunning...They both are so eye catching and you just did a fantastic job...Love them both... Merry Christmas Ret ....Stay safe happy healthy and loved this holiday!!!!!

Shirley said...

I love both cards! The top one is just so cheerful and Christmas and the bottom one is lovely and perfect for a beautiful Winter day!

Slaybell said...

Wow Ret, I absolutly love the one you didn't like.. can I case it? LOL,,, you did a great job. Isn't that Lovely As A Tree a great SU set? I think it's one of my favorites. Thanks for showing the card. Becky

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful work Ret. I wouldn't change a think - not a thing! I love the old fashioned look you created with the skaters - soft and icey looking and your first card is so bright ahd cheerful. I'm just a little jealous, because I won't be able to create anything for such a long time...but it's worth it I guess...